iPod DJ's

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaykk, Jul 27, 2002.

1. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Hmm..interesting, Apple's iPod is changing the music world ..
    From CNN
    "What most don't know, however, is that this DJ's turntables are empty -- all the music comes from two 10-gigabyte disk drives, each smaller than a pack of cigarettes. "

Read the full story here

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

The DJ is obviously using less effort to develop such incredible sound. And, eventually, other DJs will probably learn this as well.

What I find interesting is that once all this technology and other tech. becomes available in the same manner (cutting talent and ability down) these people with the jobs they have will still get the same pay, maybe more, while not even using a lot of effort to attract the crowds. Eventually, it will get to a point where people like the DJ here will only have to press a few buttons and the whole job is done for them.

3. Paolo macrumors regular

not a DJ

Your not a DJ unless you have turn-tables, or one of those cool pioneer DJ-1000's iPods can't replace turntables... you need pitch control! iPods don't have it!

4. djniche macrumors regular

you do need pitch control of at least 16% and cue points which would be easy to find with the wheel. A dj especial edition IPOD would be excellent - I'm a dj in a radio station and sometimes mix live.. and having to ipods with pitch control and cue would be all I need to take my whole system with me!