iPod Dock(s)...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by theman5725, Nov 24, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I plan on getting a 5.5G iPod soon, and I'm not super fond of the idea of it just laying on my really messy desk while its charging. Aside from the fact it could scratch/fall it doesn't look cool.:p Anyway...

I was looking at iPod docks to enhance my setup but I just don't see the point. Sure the ability to hook the iPod to external speakers is great (i wouldnt use it a lot though) but don't you need an extra cable for that too? I only plan on using the iPod Dock to charge my iPod and I was wondering if it's really worth the money at all.

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

i love my iPod dock! It just feels so cool to slide my ipod into its "holster" when i need it to charge/sync/look pretty next to my iMac.

It's a cosmetic decision, for sure, like so many apple purchases. you hafta judge its worth yourself :)

3. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

ipod docks are the best. i just sold off my apple brand 4g dock to buy a new one for my 5g video ipod. i wanted to have s-video out and a remote,etc...

4. appleman123 macrumors newbie

Get a universal dock and remote, you wont regret it!

5. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

or an aftermarket dock and get it cheaper

6. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

i dont have one cause my ipod is in a case, if you have a case you may want to keep in mind the fact that you will need to take your ipod out of its case first