ipod downloads for canada???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by a.h, Aug 17, 2006.

1. a.h macrumors newbie

hi, i just bought the refurbished 30 gb ipod but apparently i cant download any tv shows since i live in canada...thats the main reason i bought it...isnt there any way around this??? please help..i know there are torrents and everything but those take forever to download...

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If you buy American iTunes gift cards and set up another account, it works (I think).

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Yes.

Purchase American iTunes Music Store Cards - these will credit your Account with money to spend in the US store.

You must register under a new email, and have a US address - which I trust, you do ;) .

You can also have people 'gift' you music, or get people to send you an electronic gift certificate.

You could purchase Cards from Amazon, or eBay.

As for people buying credits on your behalf - there are plenty of trusted people on MR - Katietachoo, Killumanti etc. PayPal them money, and they will send you the code right over.

(Its what I do, and I'm further from the US than you :p )

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

You thought right ;)

5. a.h thread starter macrumors newbie

but when u set up an account, dont u have to have an american bank account or credit card with a US billing address?

6. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

When you purchase a card/get given a code, click on 'Redeem' - when it asks for your username and password, select New Account (something like that) - this way, you can register without a credit/debit card, based in the USA.

You'll need a US address.

7. a.h thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh my god, u guys are amazing!!! ive been going crazy all night and NO ONE could help me..anyways, i just pmed katie so lets see wht happens..thanx again:D :D :D