Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
hi, i just bought the refurbished 30 gb ipod but apparently i cant download any tv shows since i live in canada...thats the main reason i bought it...isnt there any way around this??? please help..i know there are torrents and everything but those take forever to download...

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Yes.

Purchase American iTunes Music Store Cards - these will credit your Account with money to spend in the US store.

You must register under a new email, and have a US address - which I trust, you do ;) .

You can also have people 'gift' you music, or get people to send you an electronic gift certificate.

You could purchase Cards from Amazon, or eBay.

As for people buying credits on your behalf - there are plenty of trusted people on MR - Katietachoo, Killumanti etc. PayPal them money, and they will send you the code right over.

(Its what I do, and I'm further from the US than you :p )

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
but when u set up an account, dont u have to have an american bank account or credit card with a US billing address?

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
a.h said:
but when u set up an account, dont u have to have an american bank account or credit card with a US billing address?

When you purchase a card/get given a code, click on 'Redeem' - when it asks for your username and password, select New Account (something like that) - this way, you can register without a credit/debit card, based in the USA.

You'll need a US address.

a.h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Oh my god, u guys are amazing!!! ive been going crazy all night and NO ONE could help me..anyways, i just pmed katie so lets see wht happens..thanx again:D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.