Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
I have a 30GB 5G iPod since February this year. It has been rattling whenever I move it since the first 2 or 3 months I had it. I posted a thread here a few months ago and you guys said it was normal. But recently, the rattling has gotten worse, and it hasn't been updating properly sometimes (giving me disk error messages etc), and sometimes, if I click on say, a podcast on the iPod, it will just go off and reset itself:confused:

I took it to an Apple Centre and they said that only if it breaks thy will replace it,a nd I don't want it to break after the warranty has ended... So what do you guys suggest? Do I speed up the process of it dying? How do I do that?

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
That sounds like a hard drive issue. Have you tried mounting it and running disk utility (provided you have disk use enabled)?

See if it returns any errors. If it does, you can go back to the Apple Store and have a better chance of having them replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.