Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
I was just wondering if the iPod earphones are covered by the warranty, and to what extent. I know some people got their replaced because it stopped working entirely. My problem is that is a lot more distortion (like a static sound) especially in music that has a lot of bass. Would they cover this? Should I just go buy some decent headphones?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
If your iPod is under warranty, and the headphones are genuinely not performing well, Apple should replace them if you take them to an Apple Store. I wouldn't expect the same treatment over phone tech support though.

Retired
May 16, 2006
If your iPod is under warranty, and the headphones are genuinely not performing well, Apple should replace them if you take them to an Apple Store. I wouldn't expect the same treatment over phone tech support though.

I saw one guy a few weeks ago get his replaced for his 2G iPod...

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
the problem is, it is a sound issue that is somewhat faint. The "Apple Genius" can just simply write it off as he cant hear it (probable because the store is relatively loud) or it isnt major enough to do anything about it...

I guess ill call Apple tomorrow because since it is over the phone I might get a better chance of getting it replaced because they have to take my word on it...

thanks guys

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.