iPod earphones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ravenvii, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

A friend has an 3G iPod. She lost the earphones that came with the iPod. She really likes the earphones, and wants one just like the one that came with the iPod.But she told me that when she got the earphones she ordered from the Apple Store online isn't the same, and when she went to the Apple Store, the rep told her those only come with iPods.

Is this true? Where can those earphones be bought?

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Earbuds are the same on all iPods. I had seen 4 iPods and they ALL had the same headphones:

iPod 3G 15 GB
    iPod 1G mini green
    iPod 4G 40 GB
    iPod 4G 20 GB
    iPod U2
    iPod 1G Photo 40 GB
    iPod 1G Photo 60 GB

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

At the Apple Store.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Don't they come as a package with the remote?

5. efoto macrumors 68030

They do come as in the package with the Control, for a whomping $39 USD :eek: which seems a little pricey for 'classic' headphones boasting no special or outstanding features/specs.

The only other Apple branded phones in the store are the in-ear ones that are contoured and funny looking :p, not the standard ones shipping with iPods, sorry :(

Can anyone price a set on ebay? I can't get there from work....

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

eBay has several for auction, and the going rate seems to be under $10 US, plus shipping. There is a pair, sealed with 2 sets of the black covers, with a BIN price of $7.00 US.

eBay link

7. efoto macrumors 68030

I thought they could be had for less than $39 combo-ed with the controller, glad to see my thoughts were right.

8. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Hahaha, $9.25 to ship EARPHONES??? That guy's a kook.

As I stated above, she did buy the $40 thing from Apple online, and she told me the earphones are DIFFERENT from the ones she had.

9. efoto macrumors 68030

Right, there are two $40 things to purchase from the online Apple Store. The first product is Apple In-Ear Phones, whereas the second is Apple iPod Remote and Earphones.

They are two quite different earphones, one meant for riding in the grooves, one meant to penetrate (yes, a valid reason to say that :rolleyes: ) the ear canal a given distance to 'insert' sound directly into the ear canal. Unless the pictures on Apple's Store site are misleading and showing a different picture, it appears the controller pack includes the stock earphones that ship with all current iPod lines.