iPod ears

Discussion in 'Community' started by emdotdee, Mar 30, 2005.

1. emdotdee macrumors regular

emdotdee

i bought some silicon tunnels for my stretched lobes and managed to just squeeze the earphones through them and got the earphones through my actual lobes pretty easily, here is the result...

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

4. noel4r macrumors 6502a

For a more "shocking" effect, just implant an iPod on the back of your neck... (Just make sure the white part faces outside or else you have to control your iPod through your mouth) :D

5. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

awesome, what if maybe you can get the apple logo on the plug some how? or a plug in the shape of the apple logo? just a thought

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Not sure if that's impressive, disturbing or foolish. To each their own I guess.

7. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

exactly, thats why i decided against not posting my pictures of my new piercings, when i did that thread asking for a females opinion on piercing my ears. everybody on here tried to clown on me but i have gotten good responses from females on them. except mom of course.

8. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

My thoughts exactly. I know it doesn't hurt, but it does look painful... i'm going to go cry now.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I had a crazy idea (but maybe "just crazy enough") last night while talking about a senior citizen I met.

Young people walk around proudly wearing their iPods. Meanwhile, some old people walk around hoping nobody will notice their flesh-colored hearing aid. Or people who need a hearing aid don't get one because they are embarrassed.

So how 'bout if Apple lets hearing aid manufacturers copy the iPod design so seniors and others with hearing losses can walk around with clearly-visible white earphones that are their hearing aid, not an iPod. If they need a battery to run it, it should be in the shape of an iPod shuffle, dangling around their neck just like a real one!

10. haiggy macrumors 65816

It's possible that since the iPod headphones are so recognized, they might happen to get mugged/robbed more because you always hear stories of people getting iPods stolen and people purposely using different sets of headphones with them. And now that I think of it, my great grandpa had one of these. He put on a pair of headphones, and a mic attatched to a device (about the size of a shuffle) could pick up anything. So I think such things exist, just maybe not as visually attractive.

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Then we must need more self defense training for senior citizens, so they can defend their fake iPods!

Of course, fake-iPod hearing aids might have a downside too. Suppose evil_noodle_, wearing a real iPod, spots Granny wearing her new hearing-aidPod and don't realize it isn't an iPod shuffle.
    evil_noodle_: "Hey, Granny. What are you listening to?"

Granny: "You!"

evil_noodle_: "Huh?"

Granny: "You have a hearing aid too?"

evil_noodle_: "Oh, no. This in an iPod."

Granny: "What happened to your ears?"

evil_noodle_: "Built-in earpieces."

Granny: "Huh?"​

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Man, if anyone does a grab-n-run on your iPod while you are, um, lobally connected, its going to HURT :eek:

What happens if the iPod overheats? We'll experience lobal warming :D

13. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Because they don't find you sexually threatening anymore? Sort of like a buddy or something? I don't know what I'm talking about.

14. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

you could be right, i like them, they like them, so it s a win win.

15. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Wild dude.. Now you just need a shuffle to dangle from one lobe and customize the earphone cord-length so that there's little play...

16. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

He...He...Can't stop laughing!!! :D

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Neat idea, and maybe more for the near senior crowd that are now having hearing loss issues.

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I hope that people aren't getting mugged over a $99 Shuffle.... :eek: :(

19. vniow macrumors G4

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Hey Doc, can you speak up a bit for me? :D

Thanks for the good laugh, though the senior would probably be concern about what disease caused the need for the holes.... Not ragging on you evil, in fact I always dreamed of doing a PA.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not sure how current senior citizens would feel. This would definitely be a great idea for baby boomers. Most are used to the iPod. It would protect there vanity. No one would know if the person was actually listening to an iPod or not. It would be a good idea if it could be dual use. A hearing aid and the person could also listen to music. This could work for current seniors also. ;)

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

going to agree with you vinow,best EVAR!

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

You wouldn't even have to make it a hearing aid because people will talk loudly too them, thinking they are listening to music :D.

scem0

24. minesgeek macrumors member

oh, if apple would just get into the body piercing market...