Ipod ebay auctions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ja568, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ja568 macrumors newbie

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I wouldn't trust it... why pay $200 to find a link that you still have to fork out another $100 for the iPod. I'd stick to only the auctions that are selling the actual product. These kind of auctions are WAY too fishy for me.

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

Re: Ipod ebay auctions

in a word, no. the bid is up to $200 now, why would anyone RISK that much?

this is stupid. the link destination is likely to require some kind of specialized circumstances to qualify for the $100 iPod. regardless, who cares? it's obviously fraudulent.

it's just like that "free car" scam. you pay a guy advertising free car. you pay, and you get a link to an auto-billboard (car with a large sign on top) agency - if your driving habit matches those of the agency requirement, you are given a "free car" to drive around - and advertise. :rolleyes:

4. ja568 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I wouldn't bid on the auction. I was just wondering if anyone knew of an overseas web site that had them cheaper. Cannot afford 40GB iPod my boyfriend wants for x-mas...

thanks

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

its impossible to get ipods that cheap unless your stealing them ... i guess wthe only advantage would be if you planned on ordering several ... i also guaranteed the guy didn't read the decription just bid ...

edit: its probably a matrix scam where u buy $100 in ebooks
    and get others to purchase them... he doesn't even describe the process

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

They're all over eBay

Its not just the iPod, there are these auctions all over the place. For $10, I will tell you how you can get PRODUCT X for FREE!!!

Im guessing the response is either
    "Create an auction just like mine, and get 20 suckers to bid. Use that money to buy PRODUCT X"

I just can't believe people are so stupid to buy into these. The weird part is that the feedback for some of these sellers is 100% positive with comments like "It really works! thanks!", but you can easily fake out your own feedback if you got the time and all the emails.

Wait a minute...I was stupid once. Tried a "Type at home and make $50/hr" scam and was sent a copy of all local business straight from the Yellow pages. Directions: Call these local business and request if they need typing help with documents.

Funny stuff...:rolleyes: