iPod (Educational) / HP Rebates w/ new purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KBFinFan, Sep 16, 2003.

1. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I just ordered a 15" PB, seperate post, but I was wondering a couple things.

Can anyone link me to the iPod rebate form? (the $200 of w/ purchase of a laptop)

Also, the offer expires on the 27th.. I ordered today but I may/may not get the computer before that day.. Do you think they will honor the rebate? (I guess I should call..)

Thanks!

2. KBFinFan thread starter macrumors 6502

To answer my own question.. I called apple and they said it will be honored. Sorry for the post...

3. TheFallGuy macrumors member

TheFallGuy

I called a couple days ago too, and just FEI (for everyone's info)

They will honor it. If you have a delay in your shipment of items they allow 30 days from when the last item was shipped. Or you can send in the stuff one piece at a time, depending on how you can get it.

The rebate should be on the Educational Store site. (You probably have this already)

4. Kiwibird macrumors newbie

Not sure if anyone can help on this matter, but I'm in the same boat and should be getting the Powerbook and whatnot in the next couple of days. However, I accidentally bought everything at the same time, but to ship individually, thus charging me $84 for something that should be $21. Does this affect my rebate? :( Anyone do the same thing? Also, Apple said they couldn't change the shipping stuff even though most of the products didn't ship. Stinks.

5. KBFinFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you mean you ordered each item as a seperate order?

Like: Order 1 PB
    Order 2 iPod
    Order 3 Printer, etc..

I don't quite understand..

6. Kiwibird macrumors newbie

No, I was at Apple.com and ordered everything at once... however, when the shipping option came around, I was stupid enough to keep the default option, which is ship everything as it becomes available. That made my shipping charge go from $21 to $84.

I guess my question is, does that affect my rebate? I checked everything out at the same time, but the different units are coming in at different times to my house.

Also, I don't know if anyone's done this, but if I spent $21 each for shipping for 2-3 day service, and my iPod isn't here (5th day now after having been shipped) and my PB most likely not here by today (shipped on Monday), would I be able to ask Apple for a refund?

I'm going to call Apple later tonight but I was hoping someone had the answers here, thanks for any help you can offer!

7. KBFinFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I had mine things shipped as avaliable, but my rate was only $21 for all the items. (However, Apple still sent the items ground which I had to call about). Yes, if the items do not get there by the estimated date then you can ask for your shipping back, according to the guy I talked to.

Also, I don't see how this will effect the rebate offer.

8. Kiwibird macrumors newbie

KBFinFan,

You're a huge help, thank you vey much! I think I just have two more questions, but if I'm overstepping my bounds or being lazy, I understand. The first thing is I'm looking at my invoice and credit card bill and I don't see this shipping charges reflected. For example, the iPod:

Subtotal 369.00

Tax 22.14

Shipping Charges

TOTAL USD 391.14
    DO NOT PAY

The same amount was charged on my card, so does that mean I didn't get the shipping charge, or will the big ol' shipping charge come at the end or something? Seemed weird.

The last thing is, on the coupon it says packing slips, order confirmations, and purchase order copies aren't the same as the receipt. Are the receipts what's been emailed to me? Seems weird to me too. I wish I took notice when I bought the other Macs over the past couple years!

Thank you again!!

9. TheFallGuy macrumors member

TheFallGuy

KBFinFan
    What do you mean by this? Is this the estimated date that Apple gives or Airborne? For me the estimated date from Airborne passed yesterday and still no iPod. How would I go about getting the shipping fee back? Does this include the Standard Shipping (which it appears they didn't bill me for)? Sorry for all the questions, but this could be useful for a lot of people.