iPod Erased!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krohde, Nov 11, 2003.

1. krohde macrumors member

May 29, 2002
    Europe, UK
    I recently decided to perform a clean install on my mac with Panther. I backed up all my programs and documents using backup (for .Mac) and I also thought that my iPod was gonna keep all my music. When I had reconfigured the system and it was time to copy all the tracks from the iPod back to the ocmputer I used iPod.iTunes, but the program ERASED the entire contents on my iPod. Now i know there are some "unerase" programs out there but they all seem complicated and are not all compliant with panther. Does any one have any suggestions as to how I can retrieve the lost data. I'm really this close to crying (from here - - to here). My entire music collection including songs I can never get from any where again as they were exclusive performances form my friends' bands.

ANy help could make my day and upgrade your status to GOD!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    I really hope somebody can hook you up with a good program to unerase that. For future reference, before you do a reinstall, empty your iPod, then using Backup, backup your iTunes songs (real easy to do as it's an option in Backup). Then you won't have to use some third party hack to get your songs back.