iPod Firmware and MacOS Up-to-Date

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by yogi477, Jul 17, 2002.

1. yogi477 macrumors regular

First, is this so called firmware update for the iPod to utilise the new deatures of iTunes 3 actually available anywhere?

Secondly, do I have to fork out the entire £100 for Jaguar instead of £14 handling fee that was the case with X to X.1?

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

>First, is this so called firmware update for the iPod to utilise the new deatures of iTunes 3 actually available anywhere?

There seems to be no evidence anywhere on the Apple site or on the Software Update section of Apple.

>Secondly, do I have to fork out the entire £100 for Jaguar instead of £14 handling fee that was the case with X to X.1?

Apparently, there is no UPGRADE PRICE for Jaguar (unless you get a special discount or some s!!t), so you have to buy the whole thing. I think it's two CDs for 10.2.

3. yogi477 thread starter macrumors regular

continuing....

I am very dissappointed to hear that and why are they informing us of this update but not making it available? Surely it cannot be exclusive to *NEW* iPod buyers as that woud leave us out in the cold. Then again........ .Mac mail seems to have done just that :(

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

>Surely it cannot be exclusive to *NEW* iPod buyers as that woud leave us out in the cold.

Have you even tried hooking up your old iPod to iTunes 3? It worked fine for me.

BTW, don't call me Surly. :rolleyes: :D

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

You're very surly these days, KC...:p

The firmware update will add the new calendar capabilities as well as the new smart playlist integration, sound check and clock features that are in iTunes3...

...I would have thought a BreakOut champ like yourself would have known that.;)

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Re: continuing....

Same reason why they are informing you of 10.2, but not making it available.

It is not exclusive to the new iPods. They have virtually the same HW sans the new trackpad. There is no reason for Apple not offering new FW to old iPod users.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

>The firmware update will add the new calendar capabilities as well as the new smart playlist integration, sound check and clock features that are in iTunes3...

...I would have thought a BreakOut champ like yourself would have known that.;)

I am very well aware that the iPod OS update (1.2 or 2.0) would have these features. Why the heck not?

The iPod software update should accomodate (sp) all versions of the iPod. Otherwise, you would miss out on all these features for a whole new iPod. That would be stupid.

Hey, Rower, an iPod Breakout Champ is not the same as a walking [well, slithering in some cases :eek:] encyclopedia of the iPod. :D :D

8. yogi477 thread starter macrumors regular

When?

So when does this firmware update happen then?