iPod FM transmitters

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ste11ar, Jan 15, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Longtime troll here; love everyone's analysis on all things Mac. I had to finally register, however, because I've encountered a problem and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I own a white 5G iPod, received as a gift last fall. I also have a car adaptor for my previous iPod (a green mini) which obviously still works for the current one. My problem is this: I can't find any FM transmitter that runs off the iPod battery but also allows an iPod-sized power/charger connection on its bottom. I remember going to Wal-Mart (I'll get it later, I thought :mad:) as soon as I got it and finding one just as I described, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that on the market anymore.

I'm kicking myself because I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend and would love to have my entire library at my disposal. Does anybody know of an FM transmitter like I described?

2. macrumors newbie

I have seen one that plugs into the bottom of the iPod like you described,

and also has the option of plugging a car charger into the bottom of the transmitter in the form of a mini usb,, that is the mini usb into the transmitter and the other end into your car..

I think it was made by Belkin, but I am not entirely sure,,

Hope this helps

3. macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

4. macrumors member

The old iTrips plugged into the jacks at the top of the old iPods. These newer iPods with video have only a headphone jack on top, and it seems that all of the latest transmitters plug in to the dock instead.

Is there a good transmitter that still plugs into the headphone jack?

5. JDN
    macrumors 6502a