ipod for windows, by apple

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by ponyboy, Feb 21, 2002.

1. ponyboy macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    SLC UT/Italy
    In the newest issue of American Photo in thier product review section they give a great review to the ipod. At the end of the article they mention that APPLE is going to release windows compatible software "soon". I know others have been working on this but apple? Is American Photo assuming too much or do they know something we dont?

I personally think it would be a good idea for apple to beat xplay to the punch, in fact I think that they have had this ability for a while now and were just making winows users lust after the product for a while and giving the loyals first crack.

I have three friends who dont own macs but own ipods and they are constantly at my place updating from our shared library of over 3500 songs. It would be nice to get them out of my room!
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    M$ Office

Mircosoft (PC World demon) makes Office for the Mac, so why shouldn't apple develop PC software, it just makes sense!
  3. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    iPod software for PC

I think that one very important reason Apple hasn't ported iPod software to the PC yet is to attempt to drive sales of Macs. Not that a person would get a Mac ONLY for the iPod, but it simply adds to the list of reasons that the Mac platform is great. When you have really alluring exclusives for your platform, it helps sell your platform.

I think Apple will hold out until the last possible second on this one, if they ever release the software.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Apple released AW5 for both the Mac and peecee, so I don't see too much of a problem with this. The biggest problem could be with getting code from m$ to get it to interface with windowz properly.

I would LOVE to see iTunes ported to the peecee, and then have the iPod work for the peecee people too.

I practically had our server admin drooling when I showed him my iPod. Even more so when I let him listen to it (not with the earbuds but with my favorite pair of headphones). Everyone else that I have been showing it to (Mac and peecee user alike) have been impressed. The largest complaint/issue they seem to have is the price. I try to point out the great features, like the quality of the product as well as sound. The amount of songs that will fit on it (it has replaced my cd carrier since I now have 46 cd's in it).

If it did come available for the peecee world, and with Apple writing the software we all know that it will work, I think it will sell better then hot cakes. Apple won't be able to make them fast enough. This is a good thing :D