iPod Games

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jamescwarren, Sep 23, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Hi. I am getting one of the brand new iPod's (30 GB Black) and want to buy some games for it. Thing is though, I am saving for a laptop. If I buy them on my current laptop, how do I get them onto the new one so that I can sync my iPod with the new one? It will be a MacBook Pro. Thanks!

2. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it's the same way as your ipod synchronized before. just check game tab out to choose all of games you bought.

3. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

What I mean is how do I get the games for the iPod from my old computer to the new one?

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

As long as both of your computers are authorized with the same iTunes Store account, iTunes 7 lets you transfer purchases between them. I have never tried this, but i see no reason that it will not work for games if it does for music and videos.

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

It does work.

I bought Texas Hold'em on my machine at the office and then I bought Zuma on the machine here at home. When I tried to copy Zuma to the iPod it deleted Texas Hold'em and just completely replaced it with Zuma. It gives you the option to only sync selected games, but this does not work, or at least it didn't work for me.

Anyway, back to the point, since I needed both games on the same machine for it to sync properly, I just copied Texas Hold'em from the office machine to my home machine. Works just fine.

Something to keep in mind though is that once you do transfer the games to your new computer, the first time you try to sync it might treat it as a new install and erase all your saved data on your games. I don't know if this will happen, but it might, so just be prepared.

6. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

they should release doom 1 and 2 and wolfestein bring on the classic games.. i know there was a hack a while back called iDoom.. but it would be cool if "id" would get involved..