Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
face to face

Attachments

• front-light.jpg
    front-light.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 290

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
I was really impressed by the small formfactor as well. It seems like its slightly thinner than the 20 GB. And i'ts got twice the storage of my ibook.

nice

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
Well I got my 3G about 2 years ago. I have sold it to my girlfriends younger brother but I haven't given it to him yet. ( I could not be ipodless while waiting for the new one to arrive…)
I got my 5G yesterday and it IS a lot nicer than the old one. That's why.

Or did I spell something wrong that could mislead to the idea that I got both of ipods the same day. Well then, sorry english is my fourth language, and I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future.:)

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
john_satc said:
Here's my 30Gig (with photos next to 20gig colour) plus universal dock with Apple remote - bit let down by the remote though.

I don't know if anybody has said anything about this yet- but that looks like the final episode of "Sex and the City" on your iPod! I just ordered mine so maybe it's time to get "Sex and the City" DVD's and Quicktime Pro for Christmas as well! :D

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ryannel2003 said:
I don't know if anybody has said anything about this yet- but that looks like the final episode of "Sex and the City" on your iPod! I just ordered mine so maybe it's time to get "Sex and the City" DVD's and Quicktime Pro for Christmas as well! :D
I wouldnt recommend buying QT Pro. I have found great, free, and quicker solutions for ripping DVD's and converting them to iPod format. Just go to Versiontracker.com and type in Handbrake for dvd ripping and then iSquint for conversion. Works like a charm and is much quicker than QT Pro

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
UMHurricanes34 said:
I wouldnt recommend buying QT Pro. I have found great, free, and quicker solutions for ripping DVD's and converting them to iPod format. Just go to Versiontracker.com and type in Handbrake for dvd ripping and then iSquint for conversion. Works like a charm and is much quicker than QT Pro

Thanks for the MUCH cheaper solution! My iPod has already shipped out from China :), but now I have to wait until Christmas to open it! :( O well, Chirstmas will be here before I know it! :D

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ryannel2003 said:
Thanks for the MUCH cheaper solution! My iPod has already shipped out from China :), but now I have to wait until Christmas to open it! :( O well, Chirstmas will be here before I know it! :D
No problem, I too am waiting until December to get mine going but I am pre-ripping and converting them for them to be ready when I get it.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
UMHurricanes34 said:
No problem, I too am waiting until December to get mine going but I am pre-ripping and converting them for them to be ready when I get it.

Yeah I'm doing the same thing with all my stuff. It sure is taking awhile to convert these to iTunes format. More than 1 hour for two "Sex and the City" episodes. Wonder why it's so slow? :confused:

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ryannel2003 said:
Yeah I'm doing the same thing with all my stuff. It sure is taking awhile to convert these to iTunes format. More than 1 hour for two "Sex and the City" episodes. Wonder why it's so slow? :confused:
Well its pretty snappy compared to QT Pro, but it could be the eMac. Not really sure, considering 1.5 isnt much better than 1.25. But I have 2GB of Ram and a Superdrive. Who knows, but its SUPER fast compared to QT and free to boot. Just be patient :D

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
UMHurricanes34 said:
Well its pretty snappy compared to QT Pro, but it could be the eMac. Not really sure, considering 1.5 isnt much better than 1.25. But I have 2GB of Ram and a Superdrive. Who knows, but its SUPER fast compared to QT and free to boot. Just be patient :D

I'm not sure either, but maybe the extra RAM is helping the speed on yours. All I know is that it takes a lot longer for movies. It's been 2 hours so far and it's still far from done. I'm gonna have to leave my eMac on all night. I won't be watching a lot of movies on my iPod anyway, but it never hurts to try.

stevey500

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
zap2 said:
Cuz 3rd G ROCK!!!!!
Ya if someone sold color screen for them i would buy a 3g and a COlor screen and use it!
Dude, I agree with you! I love the 3g! its soooooo COOL!. A 3g mini would be effing awesome! I have had a 3g 20gb since last november, My new black 60gb ipod is arriving tomorrow UPS straight from apple:p.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
The Wollongong AppleCentre has a big stock of 5G's now that customs have figured out what happened to their computers at the Sydney docks and they finally have one on display for us to mess about with.

The screen is incredible, just so amazingly good. They had a few of those Pixar shorts on there and it was so easy to watch, very crisp and clear and it made the screen seem bigger cause the picture quality was so good.

I so hope I get one for Christmas now, I was feeling fairly comfortable with the prospect of a nano but this new iPod just leaves the others in the dust.

Finally Apple has given me something to upgrade to from my 3G 15GB - love it as I do, this new one is the best I've seen.

It's my birthday on Monday so there's an outside chance but Christmas is looming very highly on the radar. Just hope my folks are feeling generous cause there's no way in hell I could afford it on my own.

Mind you I don't know when we'll be having Christmas this year, Dad's going to be away (par for the course, in his line of work Christmas is just another day, we're used to it) I'll be working down here where I live, one of my sister's will be working back in my home town so it looks like Christmas at my folk's house will be my Mum, one of my sisters and my Grandparents. Should be interesting to say the least. Just hoping there's a small square box under the tree with my name on it and $450 worth of iPod on the inside. Not likely but I think I've been suitably immature in the amount of pressure I've put on "those with the cash to buy me cool Christmas pressies" to maybe influence their decisions.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
my collection

Razr, 4g Nano, 30g 5th Gen:

I also own a 20g 4gen (not color) that i keep at work docked to demo one of our sound systems (i work at an electronics store) because the battery is dead so it constantly has to be connected to a power source... sorry no pics to compare. The skins are the same thing that the ScreensavRz are made of from Radtech.us

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.