iPod given high marks in pc magazine

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AlphaTech, Jun 18, 2002.

1. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I admit it, I sometimes pick up pc mags/rags, but this time it actually had something good to say about an Apple product :eek: :eek: :eek:

And I quote:

Overall a pretty damned good review, coming from a rag that usually demeans anything from Apple. The ONLY product reviewed to get a higher mark (a 9) was the Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox 3. Everything else was either an 8 (only one other was an 8) or less.

In case you were wondering, the rag is 'maximum pc', June 2002 issue. Remember, I have a game peecee as well as my svelte TiBook, so it helps to keep current with some things. I also get the rags for the game hints/cheats that they sometimes provide.

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Even if the Jukebox 3 did get higher marks...... it's ugly ;)

Were those two points docked because of the lack of official compatibility with windows? Makes sense. Wouldn't surprise me thought to hear SJ announce just that at MWNY.

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

good point..I forgot all about the possibility of PCiPod...anyway, every review I have read of the iPod has been positive, usually from PC publications..

4. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

As they stated in the review... once it has official pc support, it will get a "Kick Ass" rating... :D It already has that for anyone that has one with a Mac. Like me. :D