iPod goes to next song 8 seconds before song is even over...why?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by continuum, Nov 30, 2004.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

Has anyone experienced this....

I was listening to my iPod at work today and it started to play the next song in the playlist 8 seconds or so before the song was even over. It did this repeatedly, song after song. I thought this was happening before but was't sure since I was involved in my daily work and wasn't paying 100% attention. Today it happened again. Any thoughts? It's a 4G 20gig.

2. stk04 macrumors newbie

Is it fading into the next song, or just plain stopping all sound 8 sec before. Most of them do a fading into next song on the playlist, but if it does the complete stop, i am not sure.

3. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

Just plain stopping.

I'm not aware of an iPod doing a fade though... As far as I know only iTunes does that....not the iPod.

4. OryHara macrumors regular

i ipod takes almost all the settings from your itunes

5. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

From what I'm aware of...the iPod can't even do gapless playback where one track plays into the next with no pause. So, I don't think it can do the crossfade playback. I'm wondering if it's just a hiccup on the part of the iPod and it's spazzing out on me for whatever reason. Maybe a reformat and reload is due?

6. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

you can make songs end sooner than the end of the track by clipping them in "get info" contextual menu, its worth checking maybe somethign happened by accident. Or just re-rip the song or re transfer etc.

7. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

Do the same tracks do the same thing in iTunes ?

If it does not do the same in iTunes, then I would factory wipe the iPod (using iPod utility) and then re-sync with iTunes, would bet that would solve the problem - good luck

8. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

i just got back from a drive to phoenix and realized that it is only one album on my ipod that does it...going to remove that album then reinstall it...hopefully that will do it.

edit: i just restored my ipod completely with ipod updater and reloaded my entire itunes library. same album, same songs are doing this.... i checked the info tab in itunes for the songs and the start and end times have not been modified. what gives? it's radiohead - the bends album. are they toying with my mind? and, itunes does not do this, just the ipod.