iPod Headphones

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wonga1127, Aug 27, 2006.

1. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Does anybody know if Apple sells the standard iPod headphones that come in every new iPod as a stand-alone product? This would be helpful because I recently smashed my iPod headphones and have yet to find earbuds with the same sound qualtity as the Apple ones?

PS: I have an iPod Mini 2G, so idk if those ones with the remote in them will work.

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

The ones with the remote will work. The remote and headphones are actually two separate pieces, so you don't have to use the remote, but it would work with your Mini. I recommend just checking eBay is you don't want to pay the crazy price Apple charges for those headphones. Apple has sent me new earbuds when mine stopped working, but I was in warranty and I didn't crack them, they just stopped producing sound. I dunno.

Daniel.

3. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Hey, apple only sells the headphones with the remote, not as a stand alone product. I know from experience when a dog chewed my gf's. We had to buy that headphone and remote set for 40$:eek:

Since then I have bought a nano and shuffle and have extra headphones lying around that are brand new and never used. If you want a pair, I'll sell them to you for 15$ shipped (given that you are in the US). Pics are in my forsale thread in the signature below. Let me know. Thanks.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I've had really good experiences buying these sorts of things from the "new and used" component of Amazon. Right now they have them starting at $23, new. :)

Although I personally use Griffin Earthumps. :)

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Get yourself some pumping earphones and leave the airbuds alone....you will thank yourself for the purchase.

Bless

7. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

if you want to do a straightforward replacement for the Apple ear buds, eBay has to be the way to go.

My flatmate just bought a brand new, sealed set of Apple earbuds for £2.50 + £2.50 postage. That's about US$9.45 in total.

8. wonga1127 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help everyone.

I'd love to get those SENNHEISER ones, but they'd pwn my wallet, so I'll probably get them from Amazon or ebay.

9. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

...not interested in the earbuds i have for sale....let me know. Thanks

10. Hudgie macrumors member

While I strongly advise against getting the Apple earbuds, you can pick them up by going to the warranty site at https://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/ , going through motions, and ordering new ones for $19.

11. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

My advice: check eBay for loads of cheap, unopened Apple iPod pack-in headphones. Just make sure they're the actual Apple buds; there are loads of knock-offs on there too.

12. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Why not get the Apple In-Ear Headphones.. I bought them with my iPod, like them 10x better.:)

13. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I HAVE A PAIR....why does everyone keep mentioning ebay. I think 15$ shipped is fair...dont you?

14. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

That sounds pretty reasonable.

15. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Thanks...I figured it was.

wonga1127...if you are interested, PM me.
    Thanks.