iPod help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by phreakout13, Jan 10, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Hi
    I need someone's help. I got a 10g iPod for christmas and I haven't been able to use it until yesterday when I got a brand new eMac. I plugged my iPod in and it worked fine for about 1 1/2 days. I got about 600 songs on it. Tonight when I tried to use it, it didn't show up on the desktop. The firewire cable charged the iPod, but my computer didn't recognise it. I tried restarting my iPod several times as well as restarting my computer with the iPod plugged in and without. I also got the USB iPod cord just in case, and when I tried using that, my iPod showed up on my desktop, but didn't appear in iTunes. What do I do? Someone PLEASE help me and I will be eternally grateful. Thank-you!

2. coopdog macrumors 6502a

try and delete it in disk utility or with ipod utility.

3. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

4. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I'm not sure if the ipod will sync with the mac version of itunes if using the usb cable or not, so to that end, I can't help.
    It sounds to me like you've got the settings for your plugged-in ipod wrong in iTunes.

Open iTunes and plug in the iPod.
    Click the iPod button in the bottom right corner of iTunes, and make it understand that you want it to launch iTunes when plugged in, and that you want to use the iPod in FW disk mode, which will keep the disk image on the desktop after you've plugged it in. You'll have to manually eject the iPod before unplugging it each time, but it will stay there for your use as a hard drive.

Attached Files:

5. iEric macrumors 6502a

Yes this happened to mine too.
    But then once 10.3.2 came out and I installed it, it worked fine.
    Did you do a software update?
    Cause my problem was only in 10.3.1 for me>KNOCK ON WOOD<