ipod help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by adeelhussain198, Sep 14, 2006.

1. adeelhussain198 macrumors newbie

hi

i am looking to but the new 80gb ipod and i just have a few queries which i was hoping that someone can help me with.

1. i have got some downloaded music videos which i would like on the ipod when i buy it, would i be able to convert them and play them on the ipod without any problems?

2. i also have some downloaded music, which i would also like to play on the ipod, would i have to validate this when i copy it to the ipod and would i have any trouble playing these tracks?

your help is appreciated.
    adeel.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

1. If you convert them to mp4 files you should be able to do this just fine. Quicktime is your friend, and I'm sure there are other options out there as well.

2. iPods can play music in .mp3, .m4a, lossless, and a couple of other formats. As long as they aren't DRMed you will be fine.

3. adeelhussain198 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply.. so if i get an .avi to .mp4 player and conver the music videos to .mp4, the ipod should play them?

i also heard that you have to validate all the data you put on the ipod via itunes, is that true?

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You should be able to convert your .avi files to mpeg-4 with no problem. I'm not sure if you can do it within iTunes, but it should be easy.

You only have to validate data that you put on your iPod if you purchased it at the iTunes Music Store. Songs that you rip yourself from CDs, for example, do not require authorization.

5. adeelhussain198 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats for this information gauchogolfer. its appreciated.