ipod help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigkito, Dec 20, 2006.

1. bigkito macrumors regular

im connceting my friends ipod to my MBP and it doesnt show me what songs are on their iPod....it asks me if i wanna erase and sync but i dont wanna do that i just wanna see their music and possibly take some lol

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Assuming you're not illegally transferring music, try using Senuti. Don't let iTunes sync with the iPod or your friend will lose all their music.

3. bigkito thread starter macrumors regular

i tried doing that but nothing happens when i refresh the iPod

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

to see your friend's music, you can look directly on the iPod - you don't need to have it hooked up to a computer to do that.

as for transferring, if it's all legitimate, Senuti is good - i don't know why you're having problems with refreshing - you shouldn't need to refresh; if you're willing to pay (which i presume you're not, but it's good to know anway), i've had good results from iPodRip.

5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

yet another sugguster for senuti. Make sure its legal though.

6. bigkito thread starter macrumors regular

does anyone know how I can completely remove the tag on an MP3 so it can just show up as what I named the file in iTunes???? :confused:

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Senuti should let you play songs form an iPod as well as rip them. I agree that playing the track from the iPod rather than via the computer is a better option though.

You can't delete a tag so much as change it to nothing. I manage my tags manually. I delete everything except the name and artist. I do this through the Get Info function (COMMAND-I) and can do so to multiple tracks at a time. :)