iPod Hi-Fi and iMac/Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nutmac, Feb 28, 2006.

1. nutmac macrumors 68030

At 6.6" height, it looks like iPod Hi-Fi speaker won't fit between iMac nor Apple Cinema Display stand. I realize the speaker is designed for iPod but this strikes me as rather careless oversight. Why not design a system that will work with both iPod and iMac/Apple Cinema Display?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

you understand it's ment for you living room or bedroom right? not under you mac

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I think he must have missed that part.;)

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

No, I understand what you're saying. Just like when the aluminum displays were released, their dimensions matched up perfectly when sat next to the old plastic-bezel displays. When sat next to each other, their edges lined up perfectly. Also, both the iMac and the new dsplays were designed to fit a Keyboard underneath quite nicely. They may be little things, but they're the nice compatabilities that makes Apple what it is. Sure, it's not critical by any means, but it's a minor Apple-esque detail that seems to be missing.

5. nutmac thread starter macrumors 68030

No I understand that part completely. It's called iPod Hi-Fi after all.

That said, iPod Hi-Fi could've been designed to work with iMac and those with Apple Cinema Display as well.

Before you accuse me of drinking too much Kool-aids, I realize 130-mm (5.1") woofer necessitates such height. But woofer can be directed towards the floor/desktop (like many subwoofers are) and I have faith in Apple designers to figure something out. As it stands, iPod Hi-Fi is nothing more than Apple-branded speaker dock for iPod, offering nothing really new. It is certainly not different enough to warrant such major press event.