iPod Hi-Fi and iMac/Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nutmac, Feb 28, 2006.

1. nutmac macrumors 68030

Mar 30, 2004
    At 6.6" height, it looks like iPod Hi-Fi speaker won't fit between iMac nor Apple Cinema Display stand. I realize the speaker is designed for iPod but this strikes me as rather careless oversight. Why not design a system that will work with both iPod and iMac/Apple Cinema Display?
  2. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    you understand it's ment for you living room or bedroom right? not under you mac
  3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I think he must have missed that part.;)
  4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    No, I understand what you're saying. Just like when the aluminum displays were released, their dimensions matched up perfectly when sat next to the old plastic-bezel displays. When sat next to each other, their edges lined up perfectly. Also, both the iMac and the new dsplays were designed to fit a Keyboard underneath quite nicely. They may be little things, but they're the nice compatabilities that makes Apple what it is. Sure, it's not critical by any means, but it's a minor Apple-esque detail that seems to be missing.
  5. nutmac thread starter macrumors 68030

Mar 30, 2004
    No I understand that part completely. It's called iPod Hi-Fi after all.

That said, iPod Hi-Fi could've been designed to work with iMac and those with Apple Cinema Display as well.

Before you accuse me of drinking too much Kool-aids, I realize 130-mm (5.1") woofer necessitates such height. But woofer can be directed towards the floor/desktop (like many subwoofers are) and I have faith in Apple designers to figure something out. As it stands, iPod Hi-Fi is nothing more than Apple-branded speaker dock for iPod, offering nothing really new. It is certainly not different enough to warrant such major press event.