iPod Hi-Fi revision?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JackSYi, Jun 15, 2006.

1. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    I was wanting to purchase an iPod Hi-Fi (ok please, I am getting it no matter what anyone says) and was thinking that its been about 4 months since its release. Is it due for a revision?
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I doubt it except for a price adjustment. Something like this will probably be revised as often as the cinema displays... I would bet that the model sold on Jan 1st 2007 will be identical to the one sold today.

But what do I know? Besides, you're going to get one anyway. :D
  3. JackSYi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    Yeah, let me explain why I want one.

1. Its made by Apple (ok I'm a little obsessed).
    2. I'm a minimalist, and wired speakers (like my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s) is too much.
    3. I like the one piece speaker design and I am planning on using it as computer speakers.

Anyways, I agree with you on the revisions. I don't think the design and features will be revised (but possibly a wi-fi built-in) but a lower price seems more likely.

Thanks for your response.
  4. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    The one revision I'd like to see would be to move the dock down into the casing so the iPod isn't just sitting perched on top.

It should have a rebate in the front so you can move it with the iPod docked and secure without it falling out, but so you can still see it and scroll the menus.
  5. JackSYi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    Thats a great point. But I think its all due to preserving the style and design.