iPod Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jnagel, Oct 26, 2006.

1. jnagel macrumors newbie

So I have a 4G iPod (40GB), and I've been thinking about upgrading, but then I realized all I use it for is music and 40GB is plenty for my music collection which is under 17GB. So I got to thinking, maybe I could buy the iPod Hi-Fi with the money I was going to spend (it was gift money), and then I could also use it with my MBP.

What are your experiences with the iPod Hi-Fi? Is it worth $350? What is the sound quality like?

2. Kace macrumors regular

sound quality is awesome!
    don't know if its worth the price or not.
    i picked one up for A$450 (retail at the time was $550)

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Worth every penny... although I don't use mine that often as it's in the kitchen. Sound quality for something that small is superb. Grab your iPod and go and demo one today.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Really? I don't like the iPod Hi-Fi much at all. I was at the apple store and I compared it side by side with the Bose, which keep in mind is 50$ cheaper, and the bose sounded much better. I had one iPod in each (Bose and Hi-Fi) Playing the same song at the same time, and I would lower the volume on one as I raised it on the other, so I could compare the sound. I don't remember what I disliked about the Hi-Fi, but I remember it was definately something that would scare me away if I were in the market for one of those. Go with the Bose. I own one, and personally, something that is cheaper, smaller, and has better sound is something that you cannot pass up.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The Bose SoundDock? You must be having a laugh.

6. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

Once I heard that the Hi-Fi had inputs (optical sounded appealing since my MBP had optical output) I sold my Klipsch ProMedia's (because the fact that I did NOT like wires and the one piece design of the Hi-Fi was very appealing) and bought it. Not only are they my computer speakers, it charges my iPod and play music off of it too. And I also bought the Griffin Bag just incase I wanted to take it home (from the university). Definitely worth it.

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated