iPod HiFi Humor

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jmsait19, Mar 2, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

So I was at the Apple Store today and saw one of these things. I thing they look nice...

It had a nice new iPod sticking out the top. So I thought I would play something on it so I could hear this amazing audiophile quality...

Then I start only hearing stuff out of the left side. On either the dock or the HiFi, the right side connection was bad, and unless I held it in the right position, I got nothing...

It was an orgasmic experience... I really wanted to trash my home stereo system for this great mono boombox (except it wasn't even mono).

But seriously, at least the left side sounded nice... I'd still love to hear it for real.

2. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I actually like the iPod HiFi. I hope to hear one soon. If it sound good, I may just pick one up :eek: With two hands of coarse they look Heavy!

3. macrumors 65816

yoda13

Yeah, it might be a nice addition to my office....:D

4. macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I cant wait for mine to arrive...It looks really good, wish I got to keep it though :(

5. macrumors G3

Counterfit

Don't quit your day job. :rolleyes:

And MacWorld said that at $349, it would be great for college students. HA! Like they (we) have that much money lying around to drop on a one-trick pony. For that much, you could get a nice 5.1 system to hook up to your TV, computer, and/or game consoles.

6. macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well if you're a college student it's only $329.;) :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

best joke of the day.

8. macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

They should put some of that speaker quality (emphasis) into their old and ugly stock headphones you get with the iPod.

Update those nasty things. I use the in-ear ones. I get earwax on them, but what else holds them in?

9. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

treated

10. macrumors 68020

bleh i think its not so great... i heard it at my local apple store and frankly my harmon kardon 2.1 system sounds better than this ipod "hifi" ever does.

11. macrumors 6502a

Better off getting Monitor Audio's dock. Speak nice to a hi-fi store, they'll get you money off.

I heard the iPod hi-fi on Wednesday, I wasn't too pleased with it. It was better than Bose (usually are), but the margin between the MA's and Apple was even bigger.

12. macrumors 6502

d_saum

Thats exactly what I was thinking!!! :D This thing would never replace my home stereo, but I would definitely put one in my office! ( if I like the sound quality )

13. macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

For the price of the iPod HiFi you could get an even better set of speakers. Frankly I think it's overpriced.

14. macrumors 601

ITASOR

And, the fact that you CAN hook it up to your video games/computer/tv if you really wanted.

15. macrumors 6502a

mustard

But what is at about that Apple logo that makes me question wether or not I should get something while subtly pushing rationality aside?

16. macrumors member

wayyy overpriced. its just a box with three speakers in it.

17. macrumors newbie

It's completely over-priced. Not impressed at all. And surely having the ipod sticking out the top of it is an accident waiting to happen?

It is was lighter, better designed and slightly cheaper then I would consider it.

18. macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

Agreed completely...I went into the Apple Store yesterday to check out the HiFi. It sounds great. I don't know if its the best I've heard out of something like that, but it sounds great. What it doesn't sound like is justification for me to spend $350! I think it's a bit pricey, imho. College students, eh? Yeah I'm *still* a college student and won't spend that much on a "one-trick pony," as you said...