iPod High Pitch

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by oldschool, Dec 1, 2003.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

When I touch the scrollwheel or any of the touch sensitive buttons of my 3G ipod, it makes a high pitched, but very quiet noise. The noise continues for a few seconds, then stops, until i touch one of the buttons again. The ipod has to be about 3 inches from my ear to hear it, but in a quiet room, its very noticeable.

Does this happen to anybody else?

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

I have this on my 1G iPod. I think its the hard drive spinning (its kind of like a high pitched, but low volume whurring sound)

3. bidge macrumors 6502

I also get this too, it's definiteyl not the hard drive as that makes a different and louder sound. I haven't had an problems with my iPod though, so it can't be too bad

4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Sound like the light in the ipod. While I don't have an ipod, i have a discman while makes the same high pitched sound when the backlight turns on. Try disabling the light, and see if the sound remains.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I have a 2G ipod and the light never made any noises, but I didn't had this problem. It sounds more like a wire is making a bad connection. Is the battery also losing its power fast?