iPod High Pitch

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by oldschool, Dec 1, 2003.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003
    When I touch the scrollwheel or any of the touch sensitive buttons of my 3G ipod, it makes a high pitched, but very quiet noise. The noise continues for a few seconds, then stops, until i touch one of the buttons again. The ipod has to be about 3 inches from my ear to hear it, but in a quiet room, its very noticeable.

Does this happen to anybody else?
  2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2002
    I have this on my 1G iPod. I think its the hard drive spinning (its kind of like a high pitched, but low volume whurring sound)
  3. bidge macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    New Zealand
    I also get this too, it's definiteyl not the hard drive as that makes a different and louder sound. I haven't had an problems with my iPod though, so it can't be too bad
  4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

Apr 22, 2003
    Sound like the light in the ipod. While I don't have an ipod, i have a discman while makes the same high pitched sound when the backlight turns on. Try disabling the light, and see if the sound remains.
  5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    I have a 2G ipod and the light never made any noises, but I didn't had this problem. It sounds more like a wire is making a bad connection. Is the battery also losing its power fast?