iPod in my Car

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PlaceofDis, May 2, 2004.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ok i just got a new cd deck for my car because the old one crapped out, anyway, this one has an aux input on the front of the face! Awesome! now i can use my iPod with little hassle...BUT i have no good place to put my pod and i dont want it to get damaged, and i want it at least in a spot where i can reach it if i must...i have seen Belkins cup holder but that one wouldnt work for my car, does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I bet If I put some effort into this I could come up with something, but I am very tired at the moment sorry.

I was wondering though which car deck you purchased, as I too would like to play my iPod in the car without using an iTrip or something.

3. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

to butt in....i got a sony flip model that has an aux input....and since i have a truck and an extra ipod i purchased an extra dock and cut a slit for my connector to run flush with the service...then i built a plastic sheet to "Grip" the ipod in place..yes it works. but i am also ridiculous.

4. Brettla macrumors regular

I have an Eclipse CD player with AUX input in my car, and it sounds great, the input is on the back, not the front because the front slides down to put the CD in, the CD player is great quality and very easy to use, Eclipse is known for their high quality products.

Also, it was hard for me to find a place to put my iPod while in the car, and i eventually attached some wire to the dash kit for the CD player and hung the iPod in its case on that loop of wire.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

http://www.welovemacs.com/ip3gstlabefo.html

Lots of holders of different types. Down a bit, find the Vent Mount Kit... it's for cell phones, but it appears to hold iPods quite well, i've been considering getting one. Best thing, it comes off quickly.

paul

6. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

the deck i have is an Aiwa, the great thing is it was only $100 on sale, and thanks for the help so far