iPod Internet/XM/Sirius Radio Support

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Seasought, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

I'd like to see iPods feature the capability (either natively or via add-on) that allows for a person to possess mobile Internet radio/XM/Sirius radio support. Listen to new music while you travel.

This already exist?

2. wattage macrumors 6502

wattage

No it doesn't. This is a feature that I personally want, but many on here will raise their voice about in disgust.

Sorry, but sometimes I want to hear Jim Rome while not in my house or car, and I'm not buying another device just for that. Out! (Rome-style)

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not digust but these particular features have no use outside of North America. I don't think Apple will want to start introducing localised iPod versions for every market that has digital/satellite radio...

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I have not tried out one of the portable units (XM has had one for a year; sirius has just introduced theirs), but I think that the antenna on the portables would be a real bear to work with. The one in my car (xm roady) fades in and out a lot unless it is affixed to the outside of the car. I cant imagine that one would do very well indoors for this reason.

Also, apparently xm has some kind of joint deal with napster.

LINK.

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

A co-worker has the XM portable unit in his home and tells me the reception is consistently good. He loves the product because he now follows his favorite college basketball team as they go through the season. I may get one of these units myself next year.