iPod Inverse Screen!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sdcacevedo, Feb 6, 2006.

1. sdcacevedo macrumors newbie

One feature that I would love for Apple to release would be the let the user invert the iPod screen, well just the white background. Especially with the new video iPods, there’s a lot of white space and it really annoys me. If they just simple made it black, and the text white, I think it would be soo much cooler, don't you think? Well this is a really simple feature that Apple could even add as a new feature to one of their updaters. Is there any way to possibly hack the iPod to get this effect? It would be cool to just see the album art and song info floating over a black background. This would even save battery power, well just a little. Any hacks/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. JeanJPoirier macrumors newbie

JeanJPoirier

Wouldn't it use a little more battery power ? I think the display is an LCD, right, which uses electricity to turn the pixels black by running a current through them…I'm no expert, though, I don't really know…I think, though, that white space doesn't take battery power to display, maybe ?

Wow, I didn't realize when I posted that the original post was more than a month old…oops ! :rolleyes:

Oh, I suppose you're probably thinking of a color iPod. Silly me. o_O I'm going to stop talking to myself now…:eek: