iPod is 3rd party-able perfection

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by holy MAC!, Apr 29, 2003.

1. holy MAC! macrumors regular

based on the curved groves on the side.... a 3rd party company can make a killer plastic case that covers the front, and also has a second thin battery on the back that locks on the bottom, but does not affect it's ability to dock.

sort of like a glove for the ipod...

think about it:

1) protects the screen and ipod
    2) provides extra battery
    3) if designed right.. still under 1 inch thick....

hm... if i wasn't 15, i would be able to start a company to make somethign like this... the belkin battery back is rediculous..... an ipod on a chain with a block???? noooo

2. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

the whole point of the battery pack is not to be pretty, but so if you're away from computers, or on the road for a while.

anyway, i like that idea a lot, too bad i'm 14, because if i were older i would be able to help you start a company to make it:p

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

unc32, i think that link is broken, or are you suggesting a URL for this new company?:p :)

i agree it would be cool to have a battery pack that fit well with the iPod and not look ugly. it's a shame i'm only 18 and still in college and broke, or else i'd help you guys with that kick-ass company! :D

4. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

the three of us should start our own fake company and design dream products. sell the ideas to real companies and then eventually make enough money to start our own company and make these ideas ourselves!

im j/k:p

5. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

on the apple site if you start to order an iPod they have a battery pack, im not sure if you are talking about expanding on that idea or not, but a case with a built in battery pack is a good idea.

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah!! lets put together our own company!! woohoo! :D

doh!:eek: you're only joking...:p :)

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Ahh, only joking?