iPod Issues/Questions

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DaBuzz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. DaBuzz macrumors member

DaBuzz

There are times when one or more of my iPods won't unmount from the Desktop, even though they aren't being used as FireWire disks.

In addition, sometimes when I try to update my iPod, it seems as though iTunes doesn't update it, and part of the Finder "freezes". What I mean by that is if I mouse over the clock or other menu items, I get a spinning beach ball. If I unplug the iPod, it "unfreezes". So is it a FireWire issue (I don't get these issues with my other FireWire external drives), and iTunes issue, an iPod issue, or combination?

If anyone can shed some light for me, I would appreciate it!

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

3. DaBuzz thread starter macrumors member

DaBuzz

Yes. I have 4 iPods, and these issues happen occasionally with all of them.

The "freeze" issue is particularly annoying, since I have to manually eject each iPod from iTunes, unplug the FireWire hub, and plug it back in. (It also happens with a single iPod plugged in.)

My suspicion is the iPod software itself, but I'm not sure, so I figured someone with greater knowledge than me could confirm.

Thanks for all your help.

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Hmm..well I can't really help you short of suggesting maybe reinstalling the firmware update. I suggest you look to here for help:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/