iPod iTunes iNeed Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tehybrid, Feb 26, 2007.

1. tehybrid macrumors member

Okay this is really annoying me. iTunes is not letting me connect to the Store because "iTunes Could Not Connect To The iTunes Store. The Network Connect Was Reset" I dont know why this is happening because I am connected to the internet. Then when I connect my iPod to sync, it will sync for a while and then just freeze. And it freezes HARD! If I right click the icon in the dock and "Force Quit" or use Activity Monitor it still won't quit. So I have to restart. I have a 5G iPod 30GB and it was firmware 1.2.1 but I downgraded to 1.2, but it didnt help. I'm hoping someone has a fix, cause I cant go much longer without my iPod

Kevin

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Try repairing permissions or re-installing iTunes.

3. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

i just repair permissions. how do i unistal iTunes? because i deleted iTunes.app but when i went to install the pkg it merely "upgraded" to the same version

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

To uninstall a program you just drag the program from your Applications folder to the trash. There are programs like KillApp that can delete every trace of an App. However, I'm not sure if your iTunes music would be considered traces of iTunes and those would also be deleted...

If you just repaired permissions, restart your mac and try to connect your iPod. See what happens.

5. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

yeah i figured it'd take more than just deleting iTunes.app since iTunes seems to be such a core application

6. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I remember having the same freezing problem when syncing podcasts. I'm not sure if it'll help, but check what you are syncing to your iPod. Maybe it's attempting to sync something unsyncable? :p

7. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

ok i repaired permissions and ran all the maintance scripts to no prevail. this is really irratating =(

8. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I'm not sure what to suggest. If you have AppleCare, maybe it's worth calling about.

9. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

*sigh* I have repaired permission in OSX and with the Install CD, I have zapped PRAM, I have deleted iTunes.app and reran the iTunes.pkg from Apple.com, this is getting beyond iratating! I can not edit my podcast info because I cant connect to the store and cant sync my iPod because when it gets to the song "Voodoo Too" By Godsmack ~140th song, it just freezes. Anyone with any idea would help.

Kevin

10. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Try disabling the iTunes store in the Parental preferences. Hit ok. Quit iTunes. Then open iTunes back up and enable the iTunes store again.

That work?

11. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

no luck, i recently deleted ~/Library/com.apple.iTunes*.plist to reset iTunes all together but still didnt help. It gets stuck at the same song so I am about to look into that

12. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

okay I can now get back into the iTunes store, IDK why, but I can. Still not able to sync

13. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

okay I took my dock off the USB hub and plugged it directly in and then turned on manual sync and dropped my library in, and it seems to be working =)