iPod/iTunes problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by number9, Sep 26, 2004.

1. number9 macrumors 6502

Ok, I've been running into a major problem with my iPod and itunes since last night. Yesterday my music collection finally surpassed the capacity of my iPod mini. So i wiped clean my ipod with the ipod updater, and then made a random playlist from my library. I dragged the playlist to my ipod, and then when it got to about the third song, the spinning beach ball pops up in itunes and it basically freezes up. Then when I try to force quit itunes, the finder ends up beach-balling too, and I am forced to restart my iMac. I've gone through this process several times, trying everyhtig from scanning for viruses, reinitializing my ipod seferal times, and even reinstalling itunes. At this point i'm at a complete loss as to what to do. any suggestions?

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

3. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

nah, I've always had it on manual. A few of the times that I reinitialized i tried justaving it automatically update the playlist i made, but it freezes after the third song. the last time i tried getting it to work, I just dragged the songs there manually, and it seemed to be working fine so i just left it for about two hours while i went out and ran some errands, and when i got back it apparently didnt load the whole list. So i dragged the rest of the songs to it and it just froze again about 15 songs in.

4. Koree macrumors 6502

Hello? 1-800-my-apple?

^^ i think its a hardware problem... just a gut feeling.

Yes please hold

5. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, i was thinking that too, but i wanted to see if maybe there was anything software wise I could do, just because dealing with apple and even the possibility of having to send something to get fixed (most likely the iPod) is a pain cuz I'm at school. but oh well...thanks so far, if any one else has any ideas let me know. I'll give apple a call as soon as i get a chance.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'd try to move a bunch of files that aren't songs to it. I'd also try it on another computer just to make sure it is the ipod.

7. iSuck macrumors member

iSuck

Hope it aint a hardware problem, but call apple care............... as a last resort.