iPod Lookalike - Nextway releases a rather familiar looking ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 22, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

Geez that's pretty blatant! I don't want Apple to get media spun that they are bullies but they oughta push this company around if thats a solid state wheel.

3. macrumors 6502

Lots of features

It sounds like this will have a lot of features that people will want. I have seen a lot of people asking for ogg support on the iPod.

I don't think that this is any sort of competition for the iPod though. I think that the relationship between a player and download services is going to be important.

4. macrumors newbie

SHAMELESS!!

shameless! shameless! shameless! i hope apple legal will be on them.

5. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Re: Lots of features

Couldn't be better said. Much the way you tend to buy cell phones these days.

6. macrumors 65816

Photorun

The word "blatant rip off" comes to mind for it's case. Thing is there are companies that imitate (and I'm sure Apple's lawyers don't think it's flattery) and even in imitation they make things 10X as ugly.

I'm impressed with it's feature list though. Hopefully Apple will add some of those goodies. But for now Apple needs to do one thign... sue the pants off these buggers.

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors 6502a

I'd give the product two weeks to live. By then Apple Legal will have it hung and done with.

9. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

[​IMG]

10. macrumors member

OK, so it's got the looks of an iPod and the icons of a Charlie Chaplin film. Did you get a gander at that giant space-wasting phonograph icon? Sad. So the hardware team went off and said, let's rippoff the ipod, while the software dudes were in thier own little bubble saying, let's combine the wonderful PSION pda interface with icons from little rascals era! yes, brilliant!

11. macrumors 65816

Photorun

LMAO!!!

12. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

You can rip the iPod of till the cows come home, but unless you can play iTunes on your MP3 player it wont get you far in 2004 and I dont think it will affect too many sales of the iPod any more than any other non iPod out there such as the Dell DJ.

Take the buggers to court!