iPod mac and PC

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DaveFan101, Mar 18, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

One of my friends is having trouble with her new iPod photo. One of her friends loaded around 150 songs onto her iPod for her. Her friends however is using a mac. She is using a PC and when she connects her iPod it asks to reformat. I am trying to find a way to transfer the songs to her computer from the iPod. I am using podutil if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. From what she says deleting the songs is not an option, and going through and redownloading them would be a real pain as you can imagine. Thanks

2. macrumors 6502

You will have to reformat the iPod. The first time it was pluged into a Mac it was probabily formated for Mac. PC's can't read Mac formated drives. If it had been formated for a PC in FAT32 then a Mac would be able to read it fine as Mac's can read virtually any file format, and also write to FAT32 file systems.

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. macrumors 6502

Didn't know they actually made a program for windows to do that. It looks like you could download the free trial and then just use it to get your songs into iTunes then restore the iPod to PC, as she'll have to do this anyway as the iPod is currently linked to your friends Mac.

5. macrumors newbie

could you name the program that you are talking about,

thanks