Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chieftain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Pardon me if this question has been asked one million times, but I could not find it in previous threads.

My itunes library is on my PC. I recently got a MAC book and transferred most of the music from my IPod to the MAC via Senuti. All worked fine.

But now when I connect back to my PC (where my major music library is) I get the message from I tunes asking if I want to clear the I Pod and start over. When I say "no" then it won't let me add, alter, or otherwise manage playlists on the I Pod.

Look forward to some guidance on what to do.

Thanks,

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
This is one of the key limitations of iTunes. And it has probably been asked a million times.

You can only manually manage playlists and music on the iPod if you have more than one PC/Mac you've connected it to. Tick the 'manually manage music' option when you connect the iPod to do this.

Doing this loses the capability to sync automatically. If you want the 'no brainer' syncing, then you can only connect your iPod to one computer, be it Mac or Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.