IPod mini (5Gig)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by FSUSem1noles, Feb 26, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Does anyone have a date as to when the new 5gig, Ipod mini is going to be released??

Everytime I look for info on it, I keep getting info on the 5generation Ipod that's already out..

Thanks for any help!

2. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

The iPod mini was cancelled as soon as the iPod nano came out. There is no such thing as a 5 gig mini.

3. macrumors 68030

homerjward

huh? the ipod mini's been discontinued. the only way to get a 5gb ipod mini is to take an existing ipod mini and replace the microdrive with a 5gb seagate microdrive ;)

4. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Minis are dead, but you may be mistaken and meant to say Nano. In that case, i haven't heard anything, and considering that the Nanos are sellin' like hot cakes, i dont think we'll be seeing revisions for at least a few more months.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Thanks for the replies!! they certainly solved some big ????'s I had..

it's greatly appreciated..

P.S- It could have been a nano? after looking up and reading all different info, I'm completely confuzzled..

6. macrumors G4

Chundles

I haven't read any rumours about a 5GB iPod of any type being released. The nano is expected to offer more capacity eventually but there have been no substantial rumours to this effect - the release of the 1GB model suggests Apple might be leaving it alone for a little while (or it could mean they are trying to get rid of their 1GB flash chips to prepare for something else so it could actually be very close) 6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

The iPod mini was discontinued with the release of the nano and is unlikely to be making a comeback. The 5G was recently introduced and I think is a little way off being revised yet.

I would say your information might be a bit suspect. The closest thing I could think of would be a revised nano with more capacity (I think they will go to 2GB, 4GB and either 6 or 8GB) but there has been no information to support or suggest a possible time.

7. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It doesn't take much now does it? :p

8. macrumors 6502

briansolomon

a while back there was a lot of talk about a 5GB Mini (2nd Gen), but it turned out to be 4 gb and 6gb versions...those of which have been discontinued