iPod Mini a best seller

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Belly-laughs, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Judging by the top selling product list at the Apple Store, it looks like the iPod Mini is flying!

Top Sellers

1. iPod mini
    2. iTunes Gift Certificate
    3. iLife '04
    4. Keystation 49e - USB Midi Keyboard
    5. PowerBook 15"
    6. Monster iCarPlay Wireless - FM Transmitter for iPods
    7. Mac OS X v10.3
    8. iBook
    9. iMac
    10. Power Mac G5 Dual 2 GHz

2. Belly-laughs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Also...

...note the absence of the iPod. Has the mini already cut deep into iPod sales?

3. lind0834 macrumors regular

Anybody know how they come up with these products? Is it the best selling product last week? yesterday? between 3:59am and 4:00am in Taiwan? just curious.

4. Belly-laughs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

It´s from the US Store. What time-frame is measured I don´t know. Perhaps last 7 days?

5. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't doubt it, really. Remember when the original iPod came out, everyone thought it was completely overpriced (heck a lot of people still do), but it quickly became the best-selling music player out there.

I have a feeling this thing is going to sell like hotcakes!:eek:

6. James.Paul macrumors regular

Totally agree. I never imagined that i would buy an iPod but then after hearing a few comments about it I made the plunge and bought a 30gig. I only had 800 songs then but it has inspired me to buy more music. Now I use it daily for maybe 3 hours and am even allowed to wear it at work. I now have 2900 songs.

With the miniPod everyone listened to the rumors and thought $100 for a miniPod. Good idea but it was never going to happen. At $249 for 4 gig it actually turns out to be very competitive with whats on the market. I will be buying the girlfriend a pink one when they ship. I think Apple have also given themselves the option to weigh in with a 2 gig at a later date.