iPod mini accesory battery pack

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chip NoVaMac, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Did some searching before posting this. The only two options I saw were from Belkin. The standard AA pack and their newer rechargeable pack.

I could have sworn that I saw a battery pack that uses like two double AA batteries that clips to the iPod mini to extend the playing time. Thought I saw it on the Apple site, but can't seem to find a mention there.

My reason for the hunt is that I can get the older iPod mini through work at a price that tosses the 1gb Shuffle aside for the price at this time. * hours is enough for now, but there might be a time that I would like just a bit more time, and the accessory battery pack seems to fit that need.

Anyone seen what I am trying to describe?

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

You couldn't make a battery pack with only 2 AAs, the iPod needs about 11v to charge and two AAs would only provide 6.

Somewhere on the internet a guy has instructions for turning a playing card box into a batter pack for the iPod using a 9v and 2AAs. Don't know where it is though, haven't tried it but I want to.

3. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I may have been wrong about the two AA's. The idea was that it clipped directly to the back of the iPod mini, and did not add that much more to the size as i remembered it. But then again I had a vivid dream that I was one of the lucky ITMS/iPod winners too. :D Too bad that was only a dream so far.