ipod mini and adaptor

Discussion in 'iPod' started by muffinman, Jun 2, 2005.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

I do not like how apple did not put an adaptor. when i got the mini, i was like, "oh its okay, i can charge it with the computer." but when i got it, it was a pain in the butt. you have to leave your computer on for 4 hours while charging. i'm the kind of person that turns their computer off after using it, and i dont like the idea of my computer to be running for 4 hours. They should have gotten rid of the belt clips first when they were takings things out to lower the price.

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

You're joking right? 4Hrs. My computer stays on for months.

The point of Apple not including a power adapter was beaten to death when the current generation was announced.

The fact is that it was used to keep price down.

3. muffinman thread starter macrumors 6502

muffinman

What do you mean when you say "the current generation." I was refering to the 2nd generation mini

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I thought the second generation iPod mini *is* the current generation. Didn't the original iPod mini, like the full-size iPod, come with a wall charger?

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Yes, Mohan is right. The current generation is the 2nd and the 1st generation did come with wall adapters.

6. muffinman thread starter macrumors 6502

muffinman

3rd party adaptors?

are there any 3rd party power adaptors, ones that are less than the adaptors that apple sells?

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

They are everywhere! I saw one at walgreens once... I thought it was cool to see iPod accessories in a drug store, haha.

I'm sorry I don't know the brand, but a little googling should bring it up.

EDIT:
    http://www.smartarea.com/ViewItem.php?id=008-IACCE-ACHOM
    There you go. $7.

8. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yeah...

Sorry man, but what the heck kind of computer do you have that you don't like to leave on for four measly hours? I'm not sure that my powerbook has been OFF for more than four hours in a year...
    And the Apple power adapters are only $30...not exactly going to break the bank...

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is the USB port powered while the computer is sleeping? My computer is on continuously, but not always awake.... This doesn't apply to me, as I have a charger and FW anyway, but I just wondered, as it might be the OP's concern.

10. muffinman thread starter macrumors 6502

muffinman

Well, I just do not like to leave my computer on if i am not using it. I like to conserve energy, anything wrong with that? I know many people who do the same as I.

Does anybody know if 2nd generation minis can do on the go playlists?

11. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Hmm...

It actually takes LESS energy to leave your computer on for a day than to constantly turn it off and on...

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

That's what i do before i put my PB to sleep i sync my ipod and then eject it and close the lid and it still charges..