Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Can someone explain why these two devices do not work with the iPod mini? the iTrip does why not these? My sister is going to part with her original 5GB ipod and get a pink iPod mini but she would like to use the voice recorder. Hope this gets fixed. She doesn't want the 15Gig iPod. She likes the small size and doesn't need 15gb

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
The main reason these accessories are not available for the iPod Mini is simply because Apple wants to create a specific identity for each device.

The iPod is designed as a portable music device that can carry your entire music collection while also allowing you to take advantage of the HDD size.

Steve stated that the iPod Mini is designed to carry around some of your favorite songs. That is its sole purpose.

I don't think you'll see voice recording or anything else added to the iPod Mini.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Unless Apple did something to cripple the software, I don't see why anyone like Dr Bot wouldn't jump at making new accessories for the mini. It's be a great chance at cashing in on people buying a whole new breed of iPod and you know people would buy these products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.