IPOD mini and iTRIP work ??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by maikeru, Jan 7, 2004.

1. maikeru macrumors member

Jan 7, 2004
    Although it may look awkward, will iTrip work properly with an IPOD mini ?

Also: I currently use Windows XP. Will be getting a Mac (my first) in near future. Any problems using an iPOD on Windows and then moving over to Mac ?

Thanks for any help.
  2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool
    I Think So

The iPod mini has the same connection as the iPod so the iTrip would fit, and The broadcast channels just go into the iTunes playlist. So I think it would work.
  3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

It should work fine, it may look a little off center though. I really want an iTrip, be sure to tell us how well it works.
  4. dmf macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2004
    i just bought an itrip for my mini.
    all i get is a high pitched tone out of it.
    When using higher frequ. like 106 107, i don't get anything.

i tried resetting it 20 times, changing to differen't frequecies around 89 90 91 92 93 and still nothing but a high pitched tone.
  5. Rick Friele macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    Henderson, NV
    When I bought my mini at the store last night, I was told the iTrip works fine with it, but it just sticks off to one side a bit.

I'm hoping they come out with a mini version of the iTrip.
  6. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2003
    that town east of ann arbor
    i'm sure griffintech has been all over this thing. now the windows to mac move sounds tricky. any one have experience with that?
  7. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    Switching iPod platforms is as easy as downloading the iPod software for the new platform, and restoring the iPod from the software. Very good choice!