iPod mini color prefs from Amazon

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rtdunham, Jan 13, 2004.

1. rtdunham macrumors 6502a

rtdunham

MacMinute reports:
    "Amazon.com offers some insight into which colors of the iPod mini are popular among its shoppers. As of 12:00 a.m. ET, the silver iPod mini was the top seller with a sales rank of 305, followed by pink (672), blue (864), green (3,050) and gold (6,342)."

Remember these are sales ranks, NOT actual sales numbers--the rank for pink doesn't mean half as many of thsoe were sold as of silver, just that there are 367 other products in between the two colors' sales positions.

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

3. rtdunham thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtdunham

how many are actually sold?

I wonder too. Maybe they'll give some small insight during the analysts meeting today at 5. But i'm sure they'll do so only if it's very positive news.
    td

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

5. rtdunham thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtdunham

sales reports

i've never seen (those numbers reported, and a post elsewhere couldn't find anybody who'd seen PB sales broken down by size, so i suspect, at least, that some of this data will also be kept from public view). but the qtrly presentation is what will be webcast today at 5, so we'll all find out.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/earningsq104/

terry

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well I guess since the Pink model is second to the silver, means more women will be purchasing iPods. If dudes want a pink mini iPod, rock on, but you won't catch me rocking one anytime soon.

7. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Pink is ranked second?!?! Okay, maybe I'm not the typical feminine type, but I loathe pink in all of its unholy forms. A prime reason I moved from my last apartment was that I could no longer stand looking at a pink bathroom first thing in the morning, every morning. Yuck! BarbiPod!

Oh, well. One man's (or woman's?) trash.... ;)

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    seriously the pink has to be the best color out there. the gold is tacky, the silver well silver isnt really a color since apple uses it in everything, call it quitisential apple, the green looks okay, the blue is powdery...but the pink is actually the perfect pink, its not like HOT pink that screams cheap and something a 12 year old girl wold paint her nails!!!

if i didnt have an ipod now, id buy the pink!!!

9. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I am missing an orange or lime minipod! That would be my favorite! I thought the blue one was the same blue as in the hpPod, thank god (other people say Apple) for that! Love this blue color tho! The pink one is also cool!

10. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G

I pre-ordered gold through apple.com. I plan to mount it on one of those pimpalicious homie-rings, you know, the kind that goes over like three fingers. And then have it be removable, so you can snap it onto a super large-gauge gold braid necklace.

All freakin' *BLING BLING*, ya know?

I am GLAD it's in last place, means I might not have to wait 3 months beyond mid-February for it to actually arrive! I have a feeling there are a LOT of pre-orders.

11. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    when you do get ur gold ipod, take a picture of it with you and your pimpin gear all set up, don't skimp on the bling bligh either, make sure u look like ali G with ur new ipod hehe

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

silver is the only tolerable one. The rest... :shudders: