iPod Mini delays in the UK

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Applespider, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have heard that the UK iPod mini launch has been delayed - store I work with was expecting stock in early April but Apple have now delayed it with them

They are apparently now talking about a delay until the end of June.

Imagine this is because of stock issues but fingers crossed it might be because they want to do a big UKTMS launch too?

2. Viv macrumors regular

Till the end of June! jeez I have two teenagers here want to buy them NOW!

Not good, if they delay it any more I will send the kids to stay with them untill they start shipping:)

That will make them sorry!

Viv

3. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Yes Apple did delay the world-wide shipment of the iPod mini until July. Apple is up to its @$$ in backorders in the US alone so right now it doesn't make sense to ship it world-wide. That would just make things worse.

Sorry to all of those who were wanting to get them. There are a few companies in the US that will ship world-wide that stock iPod mini's, but they usually require you to place the order in the US to ship it outside the US. Why they do that is beyond me! Amazon.com is one who stock iPod mini's and ships world-wide.

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Are these the same ipod minis that a load of folks here said no-one would want because they were too expensive? Just checking... ;)

5. Zaty macrumors 65816

After selling the first batch within 2 weeks, this doesn't surprise me at all. I just hope I can get one for my Birthday (July 26) ;)

6. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Same is true for germany as it is ww. Apple is so US focussed. Its really amazing that they sell anything outside the US. We really have to be very thankful :mad: that we in europe can purchase their products. :mad:

7. Zaty macrumors 65816

Other companies do exactly the same thing. Sony releases new products in Japan long before they're available elsewhere.

8. pashazade macrumors member

It is global not just UK/Germany

Global iPod mini launch delayed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3568895.stm

I thought this would happen when the sales shortages in the US were announced.

You can get them in the UK though for around £170 from eBay.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

HAHAHAHA! exactly!! i know they're tough to get over here in the states also... my local apple store had one last i looked, but a few of the display models had even been sold... and they're selling for more than retail on ebay... yikes! :rolleyes: :D

10. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

That changes everything and makes it far better.
    :mad: Still pissed.

11. Pants macrumors regular

I wouldn't mind betting that the weak dollar has influenced this decision. Apple is bloody awful when it comes to selling things in Europe - in fact, like someone esle mentioned, you often get the feeling that they don't want your business. :(

12. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Thanks. At least I feel understood.

13. Zaty macrumors 65816

I don't agree with that kind of marketing, either. I just wanted to point out that, like it or not, it's standard procedure everywhere in business. :(

14. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I have a two theories:

1) they know the world is waiting for the iPod to see their price, and holding off buying the proper ipod just incase the ipod mini is a good deal. So now, a lot people waiting for the mini's release are probably going to say bugger it and buy the bigger one.

2) Has anyone heard anything about the iPod recently? I haven't! Maybe they're not telling us something... Maybe the Mini has ruined the iPod?
    What if the mini is stealing all the sales?

15. Pants macrumors regular

nah - its even worse with apple - its europe ALWAYS comes second. Some sony products are released JUST in japan, but apples euro operation is quite frankly awful. Especially if you ever have cause to deal with them for a repair or the like. Slow, obstructive and red tape driven....grr...

still, it don't stop me buying their products, but I just wish they'd give a little more thought to their operation.