ipod mini discontinued?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by seans9, Oct 13, 2005.

1. seans9 macrumors member

i cant find the ipod mini in the apple store and i really need to get one for the GF. Can anyone else find it? and if so could you hook me up with a link? Thanks!

2. xyouxfailmiex macrumors member

xyouxfailmiex

the nano is the minis replacement...they and the U2 ipod ahve been discontinued as far as i know....why not just get her a nano ...???...its alot smaller than the mini anyway

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

They're discontinued... you might still be able to find one from another retailer (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc.), or there are some used ones available in the Marketplace forum here.

4. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

5. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

yea she hates the nano, its way too small and not pink. dont ask haha. i cant convince her, ive tried.

its weird cause 2 weeks ago i could have gotten one from the apple store. that sucks. i guess thats what i get for procrastinating.

6. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

any way i can get the free engraving that apple offers by getting one through the refurbished store?

are anything wrong with these ipods?

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

It's really not too surprising that Apple has stopped selling a product that they discontinued. You will probably be able to find them in the refurb store though. I know that my campus bookstore has plenty still in stock (alongside the nano), so check around at some local stores.

8. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Amazon.com still has some new iPod minis in stock in most colors and in 4 and 6GB. I would try there.

9. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

If you can't get a refurbished iPod from Apple engraved, there are plenty of aftermarket places that do it. There's companies that engrave all Apple products like PowerBook libs and such. Read that in the newest MacWorld.

As for the quality of refurb.: most of the time, you can't even tell it's been used.

Daniel

10. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I would also like to purchase a mini. Thanks for the Amazon tip.

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Here's a tip if she just wants a small pink iPod:

There's been rumors of a Madonna Special Edition nano... which will be pink.

Daniel.

12. NicP macrumors 6502

she would get a heavier bigger ipod, without a color screen just because she wants it in pink?

girls :rolleyes: