iPod mini Dock Firewire

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by brandon6684, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Guest

I've had my iPod mini for a week or two now, and I've started to see how a dock might be nice so I can just set it in there instead of looking around for the end of the cable. Another problem I have is that my old iMac only has USB 1.1, and my iPod only came with a USB cable. Do the docks come with a USB and FireWire cable, or if I buy a dock will I still have to buy a separate cable for FireWire?

2. macrumors 68000

wwooden

3. thread starter Guest

So my current cable plugs into to dock? At the Apple Store web site, it says the USB conncetion is only for Windows. So since I have a Mac and only a USB cable for my iPod, would I just be SOL if I got a dock? Originally looking at the dock, the price looked okay, since it makes it easier you plug it into your computer, and I thought it was also and extra cable, but apparently it is just an intermediarly between a cable you already have and your iPod, so I guess the $40 is rather over priced considering the $20 price tag for a cable.

4. macrumors 68000

wwooden

What kind of computer do you have? I think any Mac that has a USB port (1.1 or 2.0) will work with the USB cable. Then you can still buy the dock and use it.