ipod mini dock = scratches?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by theipodgod16, Feb 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

i'm about to buy a new 6gb mini, and was wondering about getting a dock. I look at all the docked mini's at the apple store, and they're all brutally scratched where the dock touches the ipod. the mini seems to get into and out of the dock with much more friction than the regular ipod. i want to know if its worth saving $40 to avoid scratching my mini, or if the apple store ipods are just scratched from the general public's lack of care. does anyone here have an ipod mini with a dock, or just know if this is an engineering defect? if you have a mini dock, let me know how scratched the bottom third of your ipod is.

any feedback is appreciated.

2. macrumors 604

Lacero

You don't really need the dock. Just attach the mini to the belt clip and that's pretty much all you need in terms of portability or scratch resistance.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

do you have one? i just think they make them look nice, but i dont want it to get scratched due to poor engineering...

4. macrumors 601

eXan

Hi,

I have a the green 1G mini + dock. Every time I take it out/put it back I'm afraid to scratch my mini :( . I have my iPod for about 6 months and not a single scratch :D

5. macrumors 6502a

The minis really are scratch resistant. You need to stab it with something, usually, if you want to scratch it. Can anyone tell me if the 4G iPod gets scratched by using the dock? (and if you get better sound quality out of the dock)