iPod Mini for sale, silver, new in box

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tveric, May 11, 2004.

1. tveric macrumors 6502

Hi all,

My parents just gave my sister and I two iPod minis as presents - she doesn't want hers, so she asked me to sell it for her. Before I put it on eBay I figured I'd give everyone here a shot at it. If there's any interest, best offer over $300 grabs it. If you want it FedEx'd, I can do that for $10 more and you'll have it in your hands on Thursday. Thanks for reading!

Eric

EDIT - Just found out from my FedEx friend that I can ship to Europe for $29. In other words, even Europeans can have it in their hands by Thursday (or maybe Friday at this point)

2. vwguy macrumors member

hmmm... maybe you should post it at the classified section... you will have better luck there.

Good Luck...

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    is your sister on crack? hehe

seriously i would buy it if i had the cash, ugh, damn being a student

4. tveric thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, where do I find that?? I always come through the MacRumors homepage and was hoping for something like a classified section, but buying tips was the closest thing I saw.

I'll go look for it, hopefully I'm smart enough to find it on my own.

thanks

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

1st of all, wrong *cough*rip off scam*cough* forum.

If you really wanna sell "your sister's" mini for that price, do it on ebay, I'm sure a lot of people will bite.

6. DGFan macrumors 6502a

Yeah. eBay.....a friend sold his there (even after it had been used for a month) for $300

7. dopefiend macrumors 6502

here ya go

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

And you will be able to sell it here pretty fast at that price. Someone already has done the same thing and it only took a day or so.

Good luck and ignore any comments that people make in your auction that don't need to be there.

8. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

i'd buy it instantly for 249usd plus shipping to europe, because apple doesn't sell those here yet. but more than that is highway robbery ;)

9. tveric thread starter macrumors 6502

For your info, I'm doing this entirely out of the desire to see someone in the Macrumors community benefit, if they want to. If you think $300 is a rip-off or a scam compared to $350 and up on eBay, go study some more math. The ONLY reason this isn't being offered at $249+tax+shipping is that she already knows what it's worth on ebay, having looked it up herself, and asked me to list it since I have an account with lots of positive feedback. As for implying something with your cute quotes around "my sister", take your comments to someone who cares.

That's what I get for trying to help out. Thanks for re-affirming my faith in the human race.

10. dopefiend macrumors 6502

Just ignore them. You will notice a lot have no clue about what they post :p

11. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Damn, why does everybody have to piss on the guy's thread ?... I see more than a few "I need a mini NOW" threads posted here- so it's fair enough to assume he was just trying to contribute something to the forum (contribute - NOT donate )... Ease up folks...

12. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Maby you should stop making duplicate threads:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71393

These threads were made only one minute apart.

Maby one of the moderators could shut one down?

13. tveric thread starter macrumors 6502

Please look again. I posted in this forum because I wasn't aware there was a classified forum. After someone informed me that there was, I posted there. 40 minutes later. Even taking into account your powers of exaggeration and mean-spiritedness, that's hardly one minute.

But thanks again.

14. Icadiño macrumors newbie

I'm very interested in buying the new miniiPod as here in spain it doesn't exist. The only problem is really that i'm from Spain and i don't like the idea of sending it from the US to my country. How long does it take and answer if that's possible (the ipod is for pc? that's another objection!)

15. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Ooopps! sorry I was only look at the 5 and 6 on the time

*face turns red and looks down*

my apologies, good luck on selling the mini :)

16. josepho macrumors regular

It wouldn't be difficult to get it imported, since big companies like FedEx can deliver worldwide. What you should remember is that you will almost certainly be charged import tax (impuesto de importación) by Spanish customs, 17.5% I believe. That will significantly push up the price.

Perhaps better to wait until you see some iPod Minis on eBay España, ensuring that the items are ALREADY in Spain... to avoid import tax.

Cheers (y suerte!)

17. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I couldn't believe that someone would pay $300 dollars for a mini. I had to look myself. I found a few of them well over $300. (some whet under $300 too though). I'm shocked.

18. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

PowerMacMan

Why are people overpricing the Mini's? They are what they are, and you can buy them from Apple $50 cheaper... Grantid you may wait longer, but do you need it that soon... :confused:

19. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Are you serious ?... It's basic supply & demand... That's economics 101...
    C'mon, you're smarter than that ... Why does OPEC fight to cut production almost constantly ?... To lower supply- which in turn increases demand- which in turn raises the value of their product, which inevitably raises the price... The mini's are in high demand & supply is low-$50.00 isn't that bad when you think about it...

20. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

are people really that desperately in need of mini's they are paying MORE than they are worth? the local apple store has BOXES of mini's just sitting around...should i buy a few to sell for profit?
    if supply is low, apple needs to revamp their supply chain. read my above comment, the local store has at least 30 minis in stock, most likely more.

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Yes you should buy Mini and sell them on ebay to make a profit. If you don't someone else will. (like me. Currently selling 2 on eBay.)

Supply for the HD's has been the problem. No one expected the mini's to be so popular, and there is only one supplier of the HD's. You just can't make them appear. These things happen.

22. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

23. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

" the local store has at least 30 minis in stock, most likely more."

No, really , they don't... The only stock any Apple store has on hand right now are service models & that is only a very small amount & not for sale...

24. dha0282 macrumors newbie

I just bought a silver one for $230 a few hours ago at my local APPLE STORE!! I am in love! :)

25. vwguy macrumors member

Circuitcity.com have them for sale online few moments ago and they were sold out by now.