iPod Mini from Amazon

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by matt.bauer, Jul 3, 2004.

1. matt.bauer macrumors newbie

Jan 24, 2004
    St. Louis
    Has anyone received an iPod Mini from Amazon?

Here is my situation, ordered a pink iPod Mini from Amazon in mid-April, anticipated delivery date as late May to early June. I just received the second delay notice saying delivery not until mid-August. We had a $200 gift certificate from Amazon so that is why we chose to order it from them.

What is the typical wait if ordering directly from Apple on the web or one of the retail stores? Would another color be more readily available?

Not sure if I should stick with the Amazon order and the $200 or try my luck elsewhere. I'd hate to move to the back of the line at this point, but maybe it's quicker?
  2. Beck446 macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2003
    Estimated ship dates on Amazon for new mini orders is Oct 15th. I would suggest ordering on Apple store (will take about a month) or eBay. Amazon also is now offering a $50 gift card to spenders of over $250 in electronics, so the Mini sales will be very high over there for a while. It will be interesting to see if Apple delays international release again