1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Ipod Mini goes Clickity Click

Discussion in 'iPod' started by muffinman, Jul 19, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

muffinman

I'm sort of unhappy. I pressed a song, and the ipod mini lagged a bit. I was like,...strange. Then it froze up and showed the unhappy face. During this time there were lots of clicks. Then it shut off.

I turned it on again, and again, i hear clicks and the unhappy face shows again. I have no applecare, and my warrenty is out.

Anyone have a similar problem, or know how to fix this?

edit: i tried running the ipod updater, but "ipod manager internal error" shows up. what's happening!?!??
    edit x2: no, this is not the same clicking noise you get when you spin the click wheel. these clicks (about 2 every second) come from the inside of the mini, and sound lick clicks you would hear on a computer...
    edit x3: i fixed it! After reading this and this i fixed it. For anyone else with this problem, just drop your ipod a couple times and slap it around

2. macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Sounds like the hard drive is shot.

3. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

It has happened to me before. i replaced the hard drive and it worked fine again until it then broke for the second time 6 months later. You can get a new hard drive or any microdrive off ebay and out it in. My friend increased his capacity to 8GB with a microdrive after his hard drive broke.