Ipod Mini goes Clickity Click

Discussion in 'iPod' started by muffinman, Jul 19, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

muffinman

I'm sort of unhappy. I pressed a song, and the ipod mini lagged a bit. I was like,...strange. Then it froze up and showed the unhappy face. During this time there were lots of clicks. Then it shut off.

I turned it on again, and again, i hear clicks and the unhappy face shows again. I have no applecare, and my warrenty is out.

Anyone have a similar problem, or know how to fix this?

edit: i tried running the ipod updater, but "ipod manager internal error" shows up. what's happening!?!??
    edit x2: no, this is not the same clicking noise you get when you spin the click wheel. these clicks (about 2 every second) come from the inside of the mini, and sound lick clicks you would hear on a computer...
    edit x3: i fixed it! After reading this and this i fixed it. For anyone else with this problem, just drop your ipod a couple times and slap it around

2. macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

3. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

It has happened to me before. i replaced the hard drive and it worked fine again until it then broke for the second time 6 months later. You can get a new hard drive or any microdrive off ebay and out it in. My friend increased his capacity to 8GB with a microdrive after his hard drive broke.